- Special News
"We Utter Our Cry" Performance and Online Video...
While up in Portland Maine attending my niece's wedding, I was contacted by the Unitarian Universalist Association for permission to feature my song "We Utter Our Cry" at the UAA General Assembly in New Orleans. On June 24th, Saturday morning at 8 AM EST, "We Utter Our Cry" was performed. A video of the service is posted online. Click here to see the video.
I hope the performance and subsequent online posting will serve as an inspiration for greater good to all who listen.
Details about the Performance
- The performance included a seven piece band with horns accompanying four vocalists.
- The service opened with my song as an instrumental. The first couple of minutes of the video captured the instrumental version (nice guitar solo!).
- The vocal version starts at around 8:45 after the
lighting of the chalice: “We light this chalice for all those in whom the passion for justice burns…” The song vamps in the background during the pouring water dedication around 10:45. Subsequent to the water dedication, the vocalists finish off the tune ending at 14:00.
- Its all very beautiful and the words spoken during this service send a powerful message of Resistance and Perseverance.
This is the site about the General Assembly: http://www.uua.org/ga
- My demo of the the song includes the lyrics, info about it's "birth" and links to additional performances. We Utter Our Cry.
I hope many of you have checked it out!